Saturday, September 7, 2013

2013 Project 365 – Week Thirty-six

Well this was an exciting week in the Bug household! We’d already decided to replace the Saturn, but this week she let us know that it was time to go ahead & do the deed. Dr. M spent a lot of time doing online research so that basically we just drove to the place that had the car we wanted, I drove it around for a bit & we bought it yesterday. I’m pretty excited! But first, here is what happened the rest of the week.

Sunday, September 1st
Sunny Jr. has been gorgeous this week.


It’s the Good Ship Tomato!


Sometimes I like to use chop sticks to just Slow Me Down!


Monday, September 2nd   
Our new citronella candle. It doesn’t really work, but it’s pretty & smells nice.


Pinky in the dusk…


Tuesday, September 3rd          
Dr. M saw a train on his way home from school!


And then he saw another one!


Wednesday, September 4th   
Toad. They make us laugh & laugh – & try to remember to look at our feet when we walk outside in the evening.


I was working my online puzzles & this was the answer to one of them. Cue the Twilight Zone music – this is the car we were considering buying!


Thursday, September 5th
I had the day off from work & when I went to get something out of the freezer in the garage my way was barred by this beauty. I took over thirty pictures & she showed no signs of going away!


Rode my bike later in the day.


Friday, September 6th
Dr. M found a stand of sunflowers on his way home from work.


And cows!




He met me at the car dealership where I said goodbye to the Saturn & hello to my new Ford Fusion! Please note that it’s pretty much the same color as my bicycle. I’m naming it Daisy too. Should I put flower decals on it? (I won’t actually put flower decals on my car – ha!).


Saturday, September 7th      
I had an altar guild training session at church & when I got home this is the sight that greeted me. Made me laugh & laugh. (It’s to commemorate some battle from the War of 1812 that took place 200 years ago on September 10th).


We have had a really hard time keeping the cement pond filled with water! I refilled it three times the day I stayed home from work.


Tonight’s dinner: Sun Chips, watermelon & a home-grown tomato sandwich. Yum!



Go to Mamma Fran’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!


Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. He also takes pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710.  The Bug uses our new Nikon Coolpix S6200 most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask! 

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new car. Remember when you had to bite your nails and deal with car salesmen? The internet has been such a huge leveling of the playing field.


    And I think you should put daisies on it if you want to!

    Interesting dinner choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the internet age! I read a lot on Edmunds, etc., ran the Kelley Blue Book numbers on quite a few cars, eliminated the not so good deals and focused on the good ones, had Carfax report in hand and a good idea of our financing options in advance, including a fall-back blank check from a national lender with a decent interest rate. So much better for me, because I am not a wheeler dealer. I felt, really for the first time as a car buyer, that I could make a purchase in the same way as we buy other common items. The dealer got me a better rate than I had in hand, although the trade-in allowance was a little low, but all in all, a very pleasant experience. And I think The Bug SHOULD get some daisies...maybe magnets or something :-)

      Delete
  2. I really wish I could eat with chop sticks...it looks so cool. There's probably a teaching video on YouTube on how to do that.

    And the puzzle solution and your new car being "Ford Fusion" - that's downright spooky. I'm like Dr. M - I research cars almost obsessively when we need a new one. Then I narrow it down to three possibilities and let my husband have his pick. But before he "picks" I already know what we're getting. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! We are twins. I let The Bug have her pick...after I had made sure that the first car we looked at was the one she would fall instantly in love with ;-) Chopsticks aren't too tricky once you learn how to hold them. When all else fails, just hold them together and use them to shovel food into your mouth, lol.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Mrs. C. continues to buy citronella candles but you're right---they don't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the candlelight, but you know it isn't working when you have it sitting between your feet and a mosquito is biting you on the ankle, lol! Thanks, Stephen :-)

      Delete
  4. I love a good tomato sandwich -- but they're only possible with good tomatoes, which unfortunately are in short supply for us city folk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and congrats on the new car! Love the color!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I like it too.

      I had another tomato sandwich today & I told Mike that it was the messiest sandwich I have ever made - ha!

      Delete
  5. We bought a brand new KIA Rio about 18 months ago and it has been an excellent car. This despite KIA being forced to offer up mileage rebates because the lied about how many MPG's it did on the highway.

    I drive the KIA and it was slightly weird how I got it. My son had just gotten both his unrestricted driver's license and a part-time job. He called the KIA "girlie" so my wife and him exchanged cars, which he thought was the lesser of two evils and I got the new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh those are pretty cars! I don't think it's girlie - but I'm a 49 woman so what do I know? Ha!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the snazzy new car!! Wow...I can almost smell those fresh tomatoes! I am constantly amazed by the incredible hummingbird pictures you two capture. Maybe I should look into a feeder?

    Funny about the candle...I havent found any that work either, but the ambiance is nice. :)

    AND, if anyone can sport flower decals on their car, its you. I say, go for it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't even have a feeder - our neighbor does. But the hummingbirds have loved our cypress vine & petunias this year.

      Delete
  7. We're going to be looking at new cars soon. Considering a hybrid. Marc has been getting the garden ready for our fall planting. The sunflowers look very sunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ford makes a hybrid Fusion - but sadly it was out of our price range.

      Delete
  8. oh now I wish I was enjoying that fresh tomato sandwich!!! I would add some vidalia onion!! :) and I love the tomato ship!!!

    Perfect color for the car....my favorite color!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I added turkey & cheese to my tomato sandwich - yum!

      Yeah - I used to say that purple was my favorite color but I really like blue these days :)

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the relatively 'easy' car purchase.
    Sam is searching still, and Mike.

    Ever new sights on your blog, like the train.
    And always beauties.

    "Tu blog se pasa." ;-) (Argentina:"you've outdone yourself"; Spain: it is beyond, it is past, expired, no good!) Ha, ha. Good thing you know I am from Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - you're funny! I don't know - sometimes the "Spain-ish" interpretation is correct :)

      Delete
  10. Oh, how I adore a tomato sandwich on really good bread, but it has to be Miracle Whip, not mayonnaise. Grind a bit of pepper on the tomatoes, too, after a bit of sea or kosher salt.

    Our big beefsteak tomatoes are finally producing daily. Yay! That means lots of BLT and corn on the cob dinners. And lots of bruschetta dinners. Sigh. Love those summer tomatoes.

    Oh, and congrats on the new wheels. My niece has a Fusion and she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new car. Good job on the research!

    I had a Korean roommate in college. I'm a chop stick wielding crazy man!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sunny Jr. is a beautiful sight.

    We are in the market for a new car. As soon as we can find time, the search begins. I hate buying new cars, but we really, really need one. Enjoy yours in good health.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...