Sunday, September 4, 2022

2022 Project 365 – Week Thirty-five

Last week I was sleepy from being full from my church potluck. This week I’ve waited so late to write this that it’s practically my bedtime (however, I have tomorrow off, so I’m sure I’ll stay up later than usual). What I’m saying is that I’m STILL SLEEPY. Proceed with caution.
Sunday, August 28th           
Food from the aforementioned potluck at church. I got what I thought was quiche only to find out it was tomato pie. DELICIOUS! And yes, my dessert plate had as much food as my dinner plate.
 

Meanwhile, Dr. M rushed out of the house to take butterfly photos & had to wait on his camera lens to unfog.
 

Monday, August 29th  
No photo.
 
Tuesday, August 30th       
I arrived at work to find my lunch bag entwined with my purse. I am not at ALL sure how that happened – I had to go through some gyrations to get them separated. This was also the day that I moved into my new office, but did I take any photos of that? Reader, I did not. Maybe after I get my wall hangings up.
 

Wednesday, August 31st               
No photo.
 
Thursday, September 1st          
My evening hair situation.
 

Friday, September 2nd         
My hair doesn’t look too bad in the first photo; however, it flopped in my face & made me a little crazy (I really do have a ridiculous amount of hair). Anyway, I got all that chopped off. This is the shortest it’s been for a while! These are terrible photos – maybe I’ll do a dual new office new hair photo shoot next week.
 


Flowers from the deck, looking a little bedraggled.
 

Saturday, September 3rd          
Dr. M did some porch sitting with his dad.
 

I took a not very good picture of our spider friend.
 

And then when Dr. M came home he had a visitor! It’s always fun to see Free Range Roy. It doesn’t happen as often as it used to – he’s getting older like the rest of us.
 

So, let’s talk about how it’s September and how the heck did that happen? As usual, I’m a little salty about it (more on that on Wednesday). And I think not only do I talk about this every fall, but we discussed it on this very blog already this year! What can I say? At least I’m consistent. Or a broken record. Something like that.
 

9 comments:

  1. Here's news Dr. M can use. Down here in the land of cold cameras and hot humidity, I'm often starting the day with foggy camera lenses. I got tipped off to the value of these lens wipes, and they really do work. It may take a couple to clear the fog, but since they're designed for scientific instruments, they're not going to harm a camera lens one bit. I keep a few of them tucked in my camera bag: no weight, and useful as heck.

    I like your new haircut, but I really like the photo of you wearing red, with your hair pulled back. You've got a pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 'm thinking about getting mine cut about 2" long all over my whole head next haircut. My summer cut isn't lasting long enough and the hair around my forehead want to grow forward into my face. I hate hair in my face. I'm using combs or the little ponytail top knot like yours to keep it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously considering shaving it all off. Except then I'd have to maintain that every day. Ha!

      Delete
  3. Having a lot of hair is a nice problem to have! There's nothing more frustrating than having a fogged camera lens when you leave an air-conditioned environment. (Well, ALMOST nothing.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just keeps raining here, and we are mighty sick of it. I cannot talk about what all this humidity is doing to my hair. What do you take to the church potlucks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about it until the 11th hour so I took hummus & pretzel chips, which no one ate because why would they? That was fine - I enjoyed it myself the rest of the week.

      Delete
  5. Having worn my hair short and long and middlin length - short is best. That's a great spider picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...