Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Random Dozen Meme



If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Random Dozen Meme from "Lidna" at 2nd Cup of Coffee. If you want to participate just go to Linda's site to link up.

1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends? Nope. Drinking after each other. Eating from the same bowl. Sharing a tortilla chip. It’s all good. In fact, Dr. M has to get on me about drinking after him when he’s sick. It never enters my mind that I too could get sick. I’m a ditz.

2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.) I wish I could say that I’ve learned something concrete – like Spanish. I did learn that I like living in a house – I always thought I’d be an apartment or condo person. And maybe after this winter & having to keep up with snow removal (I do plan to help sweetie!) I will change my mind. But right now – being able to howl with laughter & not worry about neighbors? Priceless.

3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations? Well, we aim for sometime in January. One year we left the tree up until MLK day (3rd Monday in January for non-US folks).

4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is: Clean out Dr. M’s office!
 
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)? It’s not my favorite time of year. I really hate having to bundle up to go everywhere. But I just focus on my birthday (March 3) and soldier on…

6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales? Not intentionally. Dr. M & I stopped by a craft gallery on Saturday & got a Christmas CD 60% off.

7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve? I have a really strong goal of being able to stay awake until midnight. I may have to drink caffeine after 4:00 in order to accomplish that goal.

8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January? Adhering to a new budget so we can eventually afford to replace our Jeep (it’s getting kind of scary to drive). Woo hoo!

9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.) Drama with a few comedic episodes.

10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know. Well, when I’m at work I probably spend about three hours a day reading other folks blogs. I get bored in my job. Writing my own blog? Not really that much – maybe three hours per week, depending on how prolific I am.

11. Who runs your household? Dr. M! He just wishes I’d get up off my hiney & DO something every now & then. Actually, we’re fairly evenly divided on tasks & such. I do defer to him with some decisions out of laziness or due to his superior knowledge. Some feminist I am!

12. Share one hope/dream for 2010. Clean out Dr. M’s office! (Did you think we’d actually get it done this week?).

To summarize (stealing this idea from AmyRo!): I need to get busy cleaning out Dr. M’s office, stop futzing with blogging at work, stay AWAY from the office cafĂ© where I spend way too much money, and keep my grubby mouth off of other people’s food!

9 comments:

  1. Please let Dr. M know I cleaned out my own office over the Christmas break.

    It looks beautiful in a Japanese-Danish pared down, uncluttered, clean lined, sort of way. I can immediately lay hands on anything I want.

    And its all ready for me to start cluttering it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was #5 a hint. Ok ok I will get you something.

    #10....Darn I hate being old, I forgot what I was going to say about #10. I forgot what #10 was. Ok I went and opened a new window so now I know what I was going to say...Shame on you for blogging at work. Wait I am at work and blogging. But its ok when I do it. :)

    I won't make it past 9 on New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. want me to call you around 11:59?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a hoot...haha....enjoyed reading these. Our whole house needs a good feng shui.....someday..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to hoping your goal of cleaning out the office gets met!! (maybe the cleaning fairy will visit us both!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i found out in the past two years that i like living in a house, too. i grew up in a house and lived on a lot of land, but then city living for so long and then apartment living once i got out of the city...i never thought i would love a house again, but i do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #4 and #12 sounds like me. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are funny! I'm glad you stopped my blog prompting me to stop by yours and check it out! Glad I did. Hope you have a great 2010! Was that too many exclamation points? I have a problem with that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...