- I’m back! We spent a week in NC mostly just eating as far as I can tell. Amy definitely kept me well fed. When I’m at their house I tend to eat leftovers for breakfast, just so I can eat more of her food. I can have breakfast foods any time, but spaghetti or turkey pot pie? Not so much.
- We had a good visit with Dr. M’s mom. She knew who he was & practically levitated out of her wheelchair when she saw him. That was nice.
- Both our trip down & our trip back were uneventful – we got to look at lots of snow without being inconvenienced by it. I avoided the infamous Mile Marker 59 Rest Area.
- I’m glad I did the Christmas poem countdown – my family enjoyed it – but I’m ready to have a little variety on the blog now. I have to say that it was much more difficult to prepare those posts than I thought it would be. I hadn’t realized how many years we were working so hard to find the joy. And I didn’t even mention all of the problems with Dr. M’s family (health issues for parents and brother and sister-in-law). I guess we’re normal – almost everyone has drama in their lives – but I had created a nice little cocoon for myself so that I’m not bombarded on a daily basis (yes, I know that this is called “compartmentalization” or “denial” but it works for me LOL).
- I am extra grateful for my job today. Sometimes I wish I had something a little more intellectually stimulating, but I realize how fortunate I am to have the job that I do. I will probably still complain when I get bored (my Myers Briggs score indicates that I’m a “present moment person” so I have a hard time remembering good intentions), but I will still be so very glad to have my job!
- I have a very special post in mind for later this week. My dad made a “gourmet” dish for me while I was visiting and I just have to share it with you. Heh. I’ll bet you can’t wait.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Random Monday Thoughts
I took a couple of days off this past week & it was most excellent! My only complaint was that I had to put makeup on & leave the ho...
I don’t know if you’ve seen the controversial news that Instagram has decided that in the era of Reels and TikTok, it’s no longer primarily ...
I have already heard from my surgeon’s office about results of The Procedure: No Infection! When they called with the information, I asked ...