Saturday, October 29, 2011

2011 Project 365 – Week Forty-Four



Dr. M took so many great pictures this week that he has done his own post. I’ve put a few on here, but to see the rest of the go here.
Sunday, October 23rd     
I’d say this squirrel is ready for winter – look how fat he is!


Dr. M got a present for me! It’s a bug for the Bug. I’ve named her Poly – which is short for Polyfill, which is the name of Alice’s rabbit in the Cul de Sac comic strip.


Monday, October 24th
It was late in the evening when I realized we didn’t have a picture yet – so here’s our house all ready for Halloween. It’s just waiting on a pirate and…a witch or a wench – I’m not sure how I’m dressing yet.


Tuesday, October 25th  
It’s the Tax Time Pig! Or The Scream.


Dr. M saw these great Ohio State skeletons – they’re doing O H I O – ha!


Wednesday, October 26th
Dr. M captured some fall color.



Thursday, October 27th        
The State of the Bug. So lately I’ve been going to work with my hair wet – like this:


And then by the time I get there it’s mostly dry, so I comb it with a wide toothed comb & spray it with salt spray & scrunch it. Voila! Big hair – Bug style anyway. I like the not having to mess with my hair part of the equation – we’ll see how much I like wet hair in 20 degree weather later this year.


On my way home from work I saw this.


Dr. M took a picture of the little maple tree that’s growing in our geranium pot. I love that its leaves are changing too.


Friday, October 28th
The rose is still gorgeous.


Dr. M took this picture – I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little green bug! Too cute!


And look who’s here again! I can’t decide if it’s a ghost walking Godzilla or Godzilla walking a ghost…


Saturday, October 22nd
It’s a frosty morning in Ohio. In the 20s overnight & currently 40 degrees (at 10:30 a.m.). Brr! And this is the tip of the iceberg – literally!



Go to Sara’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!

Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. We also take pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710. This is the camera that the Bug uses most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask!

21 comments:

  1. It looks like you've really got the holiday spirit. It's a good way to stay young. By the way, whatever you're doing your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the scream tax time pig. LOL too funny. The OHIO skeletons are great too. Your hair is so nice. Love it that way. I wish mine were longer...it is in the inbetween stage right now.
    That squirrel might be ready for winter, but I am not. Yuck..to ice and snow covered roads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The people at Tax Time Pig's house must be great fun - I wonder if they realise what a following TTP has over here in blogland. I go to work with my hair wet too - I almost never use a dryer as the heat is no good for hair. Yours looks really good. Mine's very short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whose pig is that, anyway? I love their sense of humor!

    I like your hair - love the highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those skeletons are great!

    the scream tax time pig...awesome!

    And I am with you...the least amount of time I have to spend on my hair the better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. That hair really works on you! Not sure what salt spray is... or what it does. Haven't heard of it. Looks great though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baby autumnal maple and those dewy mums--what gorgeous pictures. Nice camera work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHIO skeletons are too funny! The Tax Time pig is just plain scary though!

    Love your hair. Wish I could wash-n-wear. I might not want to do it in 20 degree weather though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the skeletons were my fav...
    the dahlia pic is awesome, especially with the little visiting green bug
    awesome pics, again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brrrrrrrr!

    And that squirrel's not fat, he's fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many fun pics.
    Tax pig and OHIO, LOL!
    Great hair! Salt spray???
    I totally go for no fuss style.
    Have a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the pics. Tax time pig was precious....your hair looks great! Loved the squirrel, flowers, rainbow....aw heck...I just loved them all. Why bother chosing a few favorites. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the I-don't-spend-any-time-on-my-hair club! Yours looks great!

    I've had plenty of frozen hair in my day, but don't worry...it thaws. :)

    LOVE the OH skeletons. Its getting quite festive over there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those Ohio skeletons are adorable. So is your hair like that. My hair is stick straight so I always leave with it wet & it looks basically no different when it dries :)

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  15. my Molly girl has that same ladybug pills pet! she sleeps with it every night.
    love the Ohio skeletons--very clever.
    your hair looks super cute like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, you probably don't want to try that hair thing in sub-freezing weather!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i got some strange looks in the office today laughing at Tax Time Pig's latest exploit - but i liked the skeletons also.

    They should have been doing the Y.M.C.A. - assuming that song is known in the states

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK - I love the people who decorate the pig! The Scream pig is hilarious.. & then they stepped it up a notch! Awesome!

    Lady - I wish my hair dried that good! It looks so beautiful & has that natural wave to it!...what is salt spray though? Never heard of it!

    I love your new bug... is your pillow pal jealous? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. DFTP - the YMCA song is still pretty popular around here I think - at least everyone knows what it is :)

    I don't think of my hair as having natural wave - it would just be sort of bendy without the hair product - Tigi Salt Spray. I love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OK, the tax pig is hilarious with the Scream mask!

    And what is salt spray?

    ReplyDelete
  21. First of all, your hair looks amazing!!! But...what the hey is "salt spray"??? Never HEARD of that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...