Saturday, October 15, 2011

2011 Project 365 – Week Forty-Two



OK, we took a ridiculous number of pictures this week. It really is out of control. But the exciting news of the week happened on Friday. Go ahead, you can skip down there to see what happened, but then come back up here & start at the top.

Sunday, October 9th    
Squirrel on the move!


Critter. I don’t know what it is, but I like that color of green.


Squirrel giving us the stink eye.


Monday, October 10th
Dr. M took some foliage pictures. I think the first one looks like the Statue of Liberty. (If you’re looking up at her. Squinting.)



The cement pond was hopping this day!



Hawk in our back yard – yikes!


Look – it’s the return of the Tax Time Pig Witch!


Tuesday, October 11th  
Blue jays are so pretty.


This is what our lighted pumpkin looks like from inside the house – I think it’s funky.


The full hazy moon.


Wednesday, October 12th
Pumpkin patch!


Dr. M took pictures of our flowers. The last daisy of the season.


Mums!





Thursday, October 13th        
Dr. M took a picture of these gorgeous trees.


Since neither of my teams made it to the post season, Nurse Rudee sent me a Detroit Tigers T-shirt so I could pull for her team (thanks – I love it!). I put it on right away & then watched the game.


And they won! I feel that I am personally responsible. If you’d like for me to pull for your special team, just send a shirt my way – I’ll be glad to add my magic to their season. Ah yes, the State of the Bug – Winning!


Friday, October 14th  
Dr. M drives through Yellow Springs to get to school each day. They’re decorating for Halloween. The have a wide variety of these dudes – expect to see more pictures before the end of the month.


I took pictures of the sheep I pass every day. Yes, indeed, they are standing on a hay bale.



And here is the big news of the week – Dr. M was crowned Faculty King of Homecoming! It’s a popular vote by the students. I’m so proud of him! And isn’t he the cutest thing in his crown? (He told me to pipe down Sally – he’s not Linus – heh).


Saturday, October 15th
We went to a very blustery homecoming this morning. I'm glad that Dr. M made me take my hoodie. Here he is with his queen, a professor in the education department.


Waving to his fans :)


I should end with that regal picture, but the next one amuses me so I'm including it. It really was very windy. One of the referees kept having to chase down pom-poms (as he rather impatiently waited on the cheerleaders to finish their half-time show). Made me laugh!


P.S. They won the game. I wore a school shirt. See? Winning!

Go to Sara’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!


Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. We also take pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710. This is the camera that the Bug uses most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. It looks like you guys are living life to the fullest. Dr. M looks great in a crown but his pictures make me want to hurry to Burger King!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to the KING!!! What a fun-filled week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I could count on you for some fall colors!!!! beautiful!!

    he does make a pretty smashing King!!!

    Can I fed ex you a rangers shirt?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rangers have the gorgeous and immensely talented Josh Hamilton...I think they'll be okay, Sara :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephen - he got a few orders for hamburgers today :)

    Sara now that would be cheating - I can't pull for Detroit AND the Rangers at the same time. My head would explode :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your week. Dr. M looks quite dashing in his crown. Your cement pond was very busy....the pig was a scream....your flowers and foliage gorgeous....but then it always is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So does this mean you didn't wear shirts for your own teams?!

    That bug is a praying mantis. We actually happen to have one in a jar at the moment because my bug girl can't get enough of watching them eat. She also has a spider.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to your king.

    Wish I could say that shirt bought extraordinary luck. I can only say wait until next October...don't throw that shirt out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that you are married to royalty! And your mums are gorgeous...I haven't had the energy to go get any yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm, Bug...maybe if the Statue of Liberty was made from a scaly-bark hickory tree and/or animated by Tim Burton...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, after last night's game I guess my teams should be glad that I didn't wear their t-shirts during the season :)

    Hmm - based on that I think I'll wear a Yankees T-shirt all next summer. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...love the state of the Bug this week. You are hysterical. I really like that tshirt, too.

    Yay for Dr. M. From what I "know" of him (yes, as if I know you both so well :)), his popular status does not surprise me. Congrats!

    Great pom pom pic...maybe you could submit it for the school newsletter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think they do owe their wins to YOU!
    bravo!
    Your colors are awesome...
    that but is a "praying mantis"...looking at the left-hand side of the pic is his bottom and to the far right are his beady eyes...they CREEP me out!
    love the pumpkin/blinds shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tax time pig/witch and that crown! They made it for me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Heavens! Do you have to call Dr. M. "Your Majesty" and does he refer to himself in the Royal First Person now? And love that bluejay--they're my favourite bird.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love the bluejays, as well, Lady Nance. We think them regal in their fine, blue plumage ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's good to be king!

    your flowers and fall foliage ere outstanding this week.

    Loved the pumpkin patch!

    Great week!
    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the photos - my favourite is the shot of the tree with the yellow leaves - but its great to see Tax Time Pig getting into the Haloween spirit

    and your King looks like he had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a fun week! If Dr. M is king, shouldn't you get to be queen? Just sayin'.

    I think the bug in the top photo is a praying mantis. I love the photos of the pumpkin glow through the window and the moon, and how much the two images resemble each other.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omgosh so many great pictures this week. Love the green critter. Looks like a praying mantis. Hmmm. Yeah for Detroit, but sad they lost the next game. The colors of fall in all your pictures are awesome. I really need to get out and capture some of it before it is gone. Lov the king pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a great photo of his royal majesty, King M! Too bad you aren't the First Lady.
    We need to send you a Colts t-shirt!

    (I copied you and inserted response comments on my blog.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...