Saturday, October 1, 2011

2011 Project 365 – Week Forty



I’m trying to think of something to write in this space, but I got nothing. Maybe I’ll get inspired after I describe the week. If you’re reading this particular paragraph that means I was unsuccessful :)

Sunday, September 25th   
Dr. M took his history club to the Renaissance Festival today. Isn’t he a great pirate?



Of course no Ren Fest is complete without jousting.


The fire dude!


Monday, September 26th
Here is the anniversary present he bought me while he was at the festival. Penguins! Yes, we’re aware that it’s a baby blanket. Your point is?



Tuesday, September 27th  
Ohio Farm.


Pumpkins!


Ducks & geese – this picture makes me laugh.


Wednesday, September 28th
We’re still ripening tomatoes.


I love my bolted basil.


Thursday, September 29th        
Dr. M took some pictures of fall color.




Friday, September 30th
Lots of pictures today. Here are some flowers behind our garage.


Berries on one of the vines on the fence.


Berries in our front hedge.


Our lovely petunia basket.


And now, the States of the Bug. Before picture of my hair.


The salon is in an old doctor’s office. This is in the bathroom – it always makes me smile. In case you can’t read the sign it says, “Please! Before using a bathroom ask the nurse if a specimen is needed. Thank you.”


In process.


The final product. I like it!


Saturday, October 1st
The Bug Household is ready for Halloween! And Dr. M has another post up. Go here to check it out.




Go to Sara’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!

Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. We also take pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710. This is the camera that the Bug uses most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask!

20 comments:

  1. Hoist the colours! And that last picture is just too much :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, everyone's muse disappears every now and then. I loved the variety of photographs although now I can't get "Duck, Duck, Goose" out of my pea brain. The hair looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my hair done this week too...I love the feeling of a good color!!!

    love the flowers this week!

    and that pirate....arggg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby blanket is cyoooot! Your hair looks good - I've never gotten up the courage to do mine, boring person that I am.

    Wow, you guys start on Halloween early!

    Really enjoyed the pics and narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love penguins, so I completely understand.

    Your hair looks mahvelous dahling. Love the highlights and the styling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Rudee, you would be so at home in our house! Sheep and penguins, oh my :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hair. But the fire dude's hand is on fire! Did no one save him?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures of the flowers... and your hair is awesome!

    Also I love that sign... it reminds me of one Texas requires all restaurants to put in their women's restrooms reminding pregnant women not to drink. I mean, it's an important message, but it just seems a bit out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your new do. Loved all your pictures...the pumpkins, the ren fest....and Dr. M is quite dashing as a pirate. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the penguins are great - and i like your new hair

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was actually wondering how your tomatoes were coming along. Not quite as fast as I would expect, but I don't know much about such things.

    Love your intro paragraph AND your hair! Its super cute! I think you all have more fall color than us...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hair highlights! So many great photos, as always. I love this time of year and the bright bursts of color as the trees change, but flowers are still blooming as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the compliments - I'm really pleased with it this time. As opposed to the last time when I colored it myself - yikes!

    Lisa - our tomatoes have been REALLY weird this year. They didn't ripen on the vine - only after we picked them. Apparently most of our neighbors had the same experience so it must have been weather related.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the hair! I just need to find a way to keep mine from falling out. I've suddenly realized that the years are creeping, and bringing a few problems with them. Volumizer, she cried! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the new do...I really need to get mine done! And seeing all of your fall pics makes me mis MI falls! (doesn't even feel like fall here blah :P)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wouldnt call it a baby blanket - I'd call it a "lap blanket" - see? Just changing words makes it all ok! ... I love it regardless - happy penguins!

    Your hair looks great! hmm... why do they keep that sign in the salon?... funny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new hair, the pirate, the fall color and all the other pictures......great week!

    I don't think I ever get tired of looking at pictures of flowers/nature...beautiful!
    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda - I had hair coming out in clumps after my surgery. Fortunately it's started sticking better. My hairdresser blames the anesthesia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Rennasaince Festival and the fire dude reminded me of the medieval festival we walked through in Hondarribia, Basque Country. You can see a couple videos here: http://meemaw-rita.blogspot.com/2010/07/sundaythree-weeks-ago.html)

    Basil, oh, basil, how I love thee. This is the first year we grew some, so easy, and i fell in love!

    Pics, hair, ALL lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...