Friday, October 24, 2014

The Sleeping Patterns of the Slothful Bug

Well, here's a self-indulgent little table for you. A while back I got a Weight Watcher's Active Link to measure my activity during the day (my daily walk is the only thing making these measurements the least bit respectable). Anyway, recently they added the ability for the thing to track sleep patterns. I don't know how accurate it is, but I've been very interested, so of course I'm going to share my first week with you. 

Night
Total time in bed
Woken up during sleep
Actual Time Asleep
Efficiency
Saturday
8 h 40 m
22m
8 h 16 m
95%
Sunday
7 h 15 m
12 m
7 h 01 m
96%
Monday
8 h 36 m
18 m
8 h 16 m
96%
Tuesday
5 h 42 m
7 m
5 h 32 m
97%
Wednesday
9 h 13 m
24 m
8 h 45 m
94%
Thursday
10 h 22 m
26 m
9 h 45 m
94%

Please note that this isn't really a typical week at all. For example, Tuesday night I stayed up & watched the first World Series game & then had to get up at 6:00 to go to work. Urgh. And then Wednesday night and Thursday night I was obscenely slothful because I took some vacation days & didn't have to get up early. I'm intrigued that my "sleep efficiency" was down on those days because my body was saying GET THE HECK OUT OF BED!! 

I always feel like I don't get enough sleep, but Sunday & Monday's measurements are pretty typical for me during the week, so maybe I just need to introduce more caffeine to my morning routine :)

This is such interesting information that I might make it a part of my weekly blog rotation! I know you are VERY excited about that. Don't worry - October is almost over & I'll be back to my old bad blogger ways. 

6 comments:

  1. I am intrigued!!! maybe I will get one of those! So the "woken up during sleep"...is that how many times you were woken up or the duration of being awake? how does it know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know! I do get up to go to the bathroom 2 to 3 times a night, but I wouldn't think that would take 20 minutes! Perhaps I'm a really restless sleeper :)

      Delete
  2. An interesting way to graph your efficiency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do find it interesting - for now anyway...

      Delete
  3. You should definitely put this into your blog rotation...I'm very intrigued, too. Is this similar to a Fitbit band that tracks your activities? I've been thinking about one. I always feel I don't get enough sleep...usually go to bed about 10:30 and up by 5:30. I'm jealous of your "total time in bed." And clearly you are a very efficient sleeper! If we'll ever go somewhere together and I'll have to introduce you, I'll say, "...and this is my friend The Bug. She can't park straight, but she is a very efficient sleeper!" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Very funny :) This week has NOT been fabulous - staying up late, having to get up early. Sigh.

      The Active Link is sort of like a Fit Bit - I think it's not as sophisticated. For example, I have to manually tell it when I go to sleep & when I wake up (I do screen shots of my phone to remind me of the times), but then it tells me how active I was during that time-frame.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...