Linda's site to link up.
1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like? I really want to be like Dorothy because that girl could sing a blue streak, but I like adventures! I would not have been in such a hurry to go home. Which one wanted the brain? The scarecrow? That’s who I am!
2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why? Pants – because I have black pants & brown pants & I have to know which ones are clean before I can tell what top to wear.
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without? Mosquitos! What purpose do they serve?
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak? I’m partway there anyway – I am really good at compartmentalizing so that I can get through my day. Right now, in the back of my mind, is some anxiety about my mother-in-law, but I’m still able to answer the random dozen! That said, I like to have emotions, even repressed ones, so I wouldn’t want to lose them entirely.
[Note: after I wrote this Dr. M received a call from home - apparently his mother wasn't quite ready to go into the good night - today she was sitting up & drinking coffee! Not sure how a person goes from practically lifeless to drinking coffee, but we'll take it!]
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression? Yes, sometimes, but see the answer to #5 – I tend to just focus on spring (Easter is on its way!) & slog my way through. You know, speaking of Easter, it's appropriate to me to feel somber for the time leading up to it - how can I fully appreciate the glory of resurrection without the despair of death (I'm also speaking metaphorically about the rebirth of the the earth)?
7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music? Mostly I do, although it’s not a style that I listen to much anymore. But I totally had the Thriller album. Didn't everyone?
9. Enjoy horseback riding? My backside hurts just thinking about it. I’ve been on a horse twice in my life. Once on my cousin’s horse where he just led the horse around the yard, & then at 4-H camp in the 4th grade (this was the camp experience where I didn’t bathe for an entire week, but that’s another blog post). They put me on a horse that would follow the others & we TROTTED for an hour. Ow ow ow!
10. Shoes--practical or stylish? Practical. I used to go for really cute shoes – but never with very high heels because that was just begging for a twisted ankle. Now they have to have support because of my arthritis. Sigh.
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic. The first one I remember is Alexander. I think he was at least part border collie. I wish I had a picture of him! My brother & I chose the name because we thought it sounded regal. At least that’s how I remember it, but I was probably 5 or 6 at the time, so who knows! The dog before Alexander was Blackie. I don't remember him, but there's a funny story about my Mom calling him right as a person of color was walking down the road by our house. Ouch! She was pretty mortified.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done? Hmm. I have 12 people to shop for (not counting the nephews – they’re getting cash!) & I’ve gotten gifts for 1. So that’s 8%. What day is it? Should I be concerned?
These are things that my friends have recently posted on my wall or tagged me in. It's nice to see that they're so worried about my ...
My church usually has a pretty substantial coffee hour, depending on whose turn it is. I’ve only done it once before because, as you know, ...
Cousin Itt or The Bug? I'm just too busy doing Very Important Things to write a real blog post. Like, tonight the choir had a pot ...