Random Dozen Meme – The It’s My Birthday Edition
This is what Dr. M brought home with him last night - isn't he a sweetie? I love bakery cake - yum! My birthday is today, but he teaches until nearly 8:00 on Wednesdays so we celebrated early.
And this is what happened when I opened my Dad's birthday card - this is the confetti that was on the tables at Thanksgiving & it ended up all over the floor. I used to send out cards with confetti in them all the time - payback is heck. Heh. Thanks Daddy & Amy!
Now it's on to the Random Dozen, hosted by Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee. Go to her site to check out the other participants - it's always a hoot!
1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason? I'm not really a numbers person. Even though I have an Accounting degree. And I spend a lot of time counting (50 seconds to rinse my hair in the shower – 1001, 1002, 1003…). And I'm trying to decide how I feel about turning 46 TODAY.
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you? Well, this is my comment on Linda's Monday blog post: I'm probably the most vain person in my life - in a self-deprecating I'm so not worthy way. It's a lethal combination (lethal as in, guaranteed to put you to sleep).
3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered. Hmm – I'm going with inquisitive. My friends know that I have a fetish about looking in boxes. If you have a decorative box in your home, I'm going to open it to see what's in there. So make sure it's not your stash! My nosy side is really annoyed that I don't work in Human Resources any more.
4. How lucky do you consider yourself? On a scale of 1 – 10 I'd say about an 8. I've had a lot of good things happen to me – especially meeting Dr. M (thanks KJ!).
5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written? Well, the one about the Rapture ranks right up there LOL. And then there's the Snuggie one. And my dad's green bean scrambled eggs. But I think my favorite posts are the poetry ones, and since they're all my children I can't pick just one – sorry!
6. Describe March weather where you live in three words. Cold, windy, waiting
7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery) Sadly, I always think that if the person is flattering me then it's blarney. This could be a self-esteem issue.
8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking? I'm about 40% green I think. We recycle. I think about the water & heat we use, but don't consciously reduce either. I use cloth grocery bags & sandwich bags. I have a water bottle. I occasionally use environmentally friendly products.
9. What is your favorite song this week? Well, I could say "You're So Vain" (thanks very much Linda!), but not really. I don't listen to music that much – I usually have words in my head instead of music. I guess I'm going to go with the NBC Olympic theme song – it's still rattling around in there!
10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up? Well, now, the denomination doesn't matter as much as where it is & the condition it's in. Quarter in an oil puddle? No way. Penny in the grass? Probably. (note – after writing this, I was in a store & saw a penny on the floor. The penny was shiny, the floor looked clean. I did not pick it up. Apparently I do have my limits.)
11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...." I think surely it will be spring soon. Surely!
12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out. I Wanna Hold Your Hand by the Beatles. Awww – I'd like to get a big vat of hand sanitizer & hold all my bloggie friends' hands!