- Just FYI, for anyone who might be interested, do not listen to the audio book, Reliquary, by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child while eating your breakfast sandwich in the car. Really, don't do it. You will thank me. It is, however, a great book so far.
- The boy next door just might send Dr. M and me over that mythical edge any day now. He knocks on the door many times a day wanting to borrow shovels & watering cans & ask questions about growing plants and show us his snake and give us a new whirligig for our potted geranium and make my heart melt. He has the best smile. I'll try really hard not to give him any reason to stop smiling at us.
- I won't be writing a new Magpie poem this week - the prompt gives me the willies. Go ahead & click here to see it. You know you want to. (Except Dr. M - honey you really don't want to go see it).
- My boss is on vacation for two weeks. I am resolving to be creative, pleasant, and resourceful in my attempts to get things done for people in his absence. We'll see how long that lasts. Heh.
- I finally opened my surgery packet this past weekend, figuring that there might be things I need to know ahead of time. After reviewing all the information (I have to hire home health care, really?) I decided that my hip just really doesn't hurt all that much & perhaps Dr. M should have surgery instead. I promise to be a good nurse. Once I finish my little freak-out I'll review the info more calmly & then call my doctor's office with all my questions. Or cancel the surgery. Maybe I'll flip a coin!
Monday, June 6, 2011
I have a big post planned for an outing we took yesterday, but I was just too worn out to mess with it last night. We had a great time and got a lot of walking in. So, to tide you over, here is some other stuff:
This has been an absolutely lovely weekend! My cousin’s daughter got married and the wedding was gorgeous – stay tuned for lots of pictures....
I just spent ten minutes looking for a picture that I just KNEW I took last week. But, reader, apparently I did not. I probably am rememberi...
I have already heard from my surgeon’s office about results of The Procedure: No Infection! When they called with the information, I asked ...