Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday


It’s Thursday. It’s a beautiful day. Let’s see what I’m thankful for today!


• On Monday my boss is back after a two week vacation. I’ve started talking out loud to myself. Like, “Ok Dana, first you’re going to do this. And then when you finish you’re going to do that. No – you aren’t going to do the other thing.” It’s kind of alarming. So I will be very glad that he’ll be around. I’m pretty sure I won’t talk out loud to myself if he’s here. Pretty sure.

• I’m so very thankful for Dr. M. There are a million reasons, but for some reason he’s extra tickled my fancy these days.

• I’m thankful for friends who talk me down from ledges (yes, I’m talking about YOU).

• I’m thankful that the highlights I put in my hair last night don’t make me look like a mutant zebra (shoulda left them on for another 15 minutes).

OK, that’s enough for today. What are you feeling thankful for today?

10 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that I'm going home at the end of the day today. and that at the end of the day today I will be mostly finished with my part on this job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may need intervention soon. I'm not intimating that talking to yourself is wrong. Highlighting your own hair? Now that's a problem.

    Once again, I'm thankful for the laughs you provide come Thursday. I'm also glad another week is also over and the weekend weather forecast looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a hoot! That is what I am thankful for today. I guess personally I am thankful that I can still go out and mow the lawn today. I just love doing it...not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Brenda...I've been avoiding mowing the lawn all morning. Hey, it was too wet here...until now.

    Rudee, I know, right? She knows a very, very good stylist who would gladly have colored and highlighted her hair, but no, got to do it herself :-)

    Have a great weekend, all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I have the double whammy of being too cheap to spend the money & too lazy to make the appointment. Which is CRAZY since all this coloring & highlighting took a sweet forever, not to mention the time I'll need to spend repainting the bathroom (just kidding).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. Highlights! I recently started coloring my hair and I like it. I'm surprised at how much I like it, and I like the highlights, too. Each time I get a little more courage and leave them on a little longer. Next time I'm going to leave them on even longer.

    They should make highlighting kits for people who need or want more. Maybe they do. I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, one more comment. I just went back and caught up. I haven't made my rounds to everyone for a bit. Missed you. Hope you're getting some sleep now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try saying "Okay, Dana. You're going to schedule your own 2 week vacation!"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thankful that tomorrow is my friday off. Work was so stressful to day, but that helped me kae it through.

    I hope there is a picture of your highlights coming soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've noticed a few more Natural Highlights in my hair lately. Sigh. I'm thankful that you're setting a good example of what NOT to do if I decide to improve on Mother Nature someday. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...