Wednesday Random Dozen
The Random Dozen is hosted by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. Go there to check out the answers other folks gave to these questions.
2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.) My current audio book. If I am forced to listen to the radio I can't be held responsible for my driving actions. Really.
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting? My dad's house. Sure there are lots of other places I like to visit, but where else can I sleep in my old bedroom, eat Amy's cooking, and just hang out & do nothing? And if I need excitement I can head next door to my brother's house :)
4. Share one factoid of your family's history. My dad pointed out to me the other night that the village where my mom grew up is the only one with its name in the U.S. I did an internet search & I think he might be right. Brookford, North Carolina is one of a kind. And should perhaps remain that way Uncle David? Heh. It was a mill town – her parents worked in the mill & so did she when she grew up. It was a hosiery mill. I think she sewed socks. What's interesting to me is that although neither of his parents worked in the mill, Dr. M also grew up in a mill village. So instead of marrying my father, did I marry my mother? Hmmm – I think I should just stop this line of thought right now.
5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...." thought I would get into shape someday. I guess that could still happen.
6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be? Gasoline! I would say some food item, but I'm NOT a hoarder – I would just eat whatever it was until it was gone, which would be about three weeks months.
7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...." I have to leave the room or cover my eyes when there's a lot of tension or scary stuff going on in a show I'm watching. Like, I remember when I was a kid, watching Little House on the Prairie, and the scene where Mary is in the tree with what's his name – I could NOT stay in the room. Just couldn't stand it. Now I don't remember why (was it their first kiss?). But I still do that. Dr. M laughs at me.
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy? Something chocolate I'm sure. Or a lottery ticket.
9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...." The sheep I drive by every day. I don't know why – I just think sheep are funny. Or maybe that pig – that's pretty funny too.
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal? Exercise (see number 5 above).
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else? Call someone I haven't talked to in a while. Or maybe the blessing would be if I don't call.
12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon? Going to NC to see the family at the end of the month. I'll be staying at my favorite place!