Well, this has been quite the week. Let’s see where my areas of thankfulness are.
· I’m thankful that my mother-in-law’s funeral went pretty well. She was a big gospel fan, so her sister had picked out a song from her favorite group to be played over the sound system. Frances’ father was a minister named Ernest & part of the lyrics talked about “my earnest prayer.” I had to smile – I guess I’m strange like that.
· I was thrilled to have some of my family represented at the funeral – three aunts, daddy & Amy, and a cousin.
· I’m not always about the food (ok, maybe I am always about the food), but I’m so thankful to whoever made the chicken & dumplings for the meal after the service. And that chocolate cake with the Hershey bars.
· Dr. M & I really enjoyed the Daddy & Amy B&B – the beds are comfy, there’s free wifi, and the food is great!
· On our way home yesterday we took a detour to Roan Mountain. Love those blowsy, fluffy, over the top rhododendrons!
So, what are you thankful for today?