I’m rummaging around in my brain trying to find things to be thankful for today. Hmmm…
- Well, it’s Amy’s birthday today. I’m pretty thankful for her & her presence in my dad’s life. Happy Birthday Amy!
- I’m so thankful for all the responses to my post about grief. You guys had some great stuff to say – thanks!
- I took a walk around the block last night! I was really wiped out afterward, but I didn’t have any trouble doing it. I even walked for a few yards without my cane. I’m pretty excited. I hope to do this every evening I can. Of course, in the not too distant future it will be dark before I get home, but hey I could take a flashlight! And since we’re planning a trip to Chicago in January (history conference – woot!) & will be doing a lot of walking there, I want to do some winter weather walking anyway to get myself ready. Snow sprints here I come! Maybe not – that might create a “knotted plow line” scenario with Dr. M.
- This one is a mixed thanksgiving. I tried to give blood today but was refused because my iron isn’t high enough – by one measly point. I wasn’t totally surprised because I’ve been eating a lot of ice lately, but one point low isn’t too bad. So I’m thankful that my iron isn’t so low that I’ll fall over any time soon (except for my general klutziness – I’ll fall over from that I’m sure), but sad that I couldn’t give blood. I took my camera after all so I could get a State of the Bug picture. Now we’ll have a whole different kind of State of the Bug.
- I’m taking the day off tomorrow just because. Though I’ve already scheduled a full day’s worth of work to do at home. My goal is to have no chores remaining for Saturday or Sunday.