Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday



Well here it is after 8:00 on Thursday night and I just remembered that I forgot to be thankful. Oops! Well I can be thankful now…

·         I had a follow-up appointment with my surgeon today. I thought it would be my last one - & that I would get to show him how fabulously I’m doing. But it was another 5 minute visit with me just sitting & he wants to see me in 4 weeks for the actual last appointment. I’m assuming that with this type of surgery recovery is very self-directed & he only cares if I’m having problems. Well guess what? I’m not having any problems! The last couple of nights I was able to sleep on my left side for a while. That wasn’t my last goal (getting rid of the cane is my ultimate goal – although I was eyeing some really snazzy ones at the Rite Aid the other day). But I’m pretty darn pleased with myself.

·         Today, while chilly & blustery, was gorgeous. I loved watching the fluffy clouds in the blue sky. Makes work much more pleasant.

·         Yesterday evening our neighbor told us that there’d been an albino squirrel spotted in the neighborhood & off went Dr. M with the camera. Isn’t he the cutest thing? Kind of like a giant white rat, eh? But cute. Really!



·         I came home from work & vacuumed! If you’ve read my blog for any time at all you’ll know that that’s noteworthy.

·         I have a few other friends who’ve done Thankful Thursday today – go check them out: Bekah, Kim & Jan.

So, what are you thankful for today?

6 comments:

  1. I hear you... Vacuuming is also a noteworthy event in my apartment. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are recovering so nicely. And thanks for the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the legend of an albino squirrel while attending BGSU about...100 years ago. I never saw it, so I'm glad Dr. M. got a pic of one. I'm endlessly fascinated with the black squirrels I see when travelling in Ontario, Canada. They are, like the novelty of the white one, adorable to me. Now, would I still feel this way if they kept landing on my birdfeeder, stealing food from my Precious Bluejays and Cardinals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet looking squirrel. I've never met a white one. We have mostly brown and black quirders around these parts.

    I'm thankful for the word quirder. It's what my son called squirrels when he was two. Every time I say that, I think of how cute he was at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the albino squirrel is cute. You know I lived in Kent, O for 19 years and there it's black squirrels. No need to go as far north as Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...