Saturday, October 8, 2011

2011 Project 365 – Week Forty-One



What a glorious week! The weather has been fabulous. And now I’m about to sound like a person who can’t make up her mind. Yes, I love warmer weather and yes, I really don’t look forward to winter. But every time we have such beautiful days in October I start thinking about climate change and how we kind of need winter around for ecological reasons. Just call me the Bug of Doom. Sigh. But! Glorious days! So there’s that.
Sunday, October 2nd   
Look who came to visit our yard! It’s ole Whitey, the Albino Squirrel.



One of the last hummers of fall.



Monday, October 3rd
Dr. M travels this road on his way home from school some days. It’s one of our favorites.


I don’t know why – I just really needed a picture of the hay in the back of the truck parked at our favorite Mexican restaurant.


Tuesday, October 4th  
Dr. M took pictures of one of our favorite barns and silo.



I went out to my car at lunch to warm up & listen to my audio book. I could smell the car next to me as I walked up (its windows were down).


The State of the Bug – disgusted!


Wednesday, October 5th
Dr. M saw a couple of red tailed hawks on his way home from school.



And a gorgeous tree.


Thursday, October 6th        
Harvesting soybeans is dusty work!



Friday, October 7th  
Bee on the basil.


The Bug Household is even more ready for Halloween than last week!







Saturday, October 8th
We took a ramble today to check out the fall color. We found some.



I don’t know. Ben Franklin might have thought the turkey was more noble than the eagle, but it sure isn’t prettier!


Sheep!


We visited one of the local covered bridges. We love the area around it – reminds us of our Western North Carolina mountains.


Go to Sara’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!

Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. We also take pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710. This is the camera that the Bug uses most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask!

16 comments:

  1. You certainly live in a beautiful part of the country. Your photos make me want to put on a sweater and drink hot apple cider (hard cider!) As for Ben Franklin, he was right about the turkey being more important to the American experience than the eagle but I'm glad we don't have turkeys sitting atop every flagpole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live the albino squirrel! and all the other great pictures. that tree for instance, is beautiful.

    at least the smoker isnt throwing his butts out the window. gotta be thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, you guys really go to town on Halloween, dontcha? Over here in the UK, everything's winding up for Christmas, although Halloween stuff is in the shops too. Growing up we never had trick or treat, but we did have penny for the guy on Guy Fawkes night (Nov 5th). Now we have trick or treat.

    Love the State of the Bug - that'd be my reaction too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argent: a lot of people over here go all out for Halloween these days, and our town has quite a big event each year called Beggar's Night. We enjoy being a part of it, and this is certainly the most either of us have ever done for this holiday. On Beggar's Night I will be dressed in my pirate finery, and I will hand out chocolate until I run out :-)
    We travel so much during Christmas, it sometimes seems pointless to do much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I've never seen an albino squirrel! How very cool!

    I recognize that silo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all your pics...so pretty...love your disgusted shot, hahahah!
    happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the squirrel!!! What a cutie! The hummingbird pictures were great too & the silo.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos = liking the haloween shots

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your photos. I love country roads and barn shots. The Halloween decor is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe you could guest post foliage photos for my 31 Days?? :) Don't worry...winter WILL come!

    I will live my entire life and never understand smoking. I agree with Ellen...its nice to see there is A smoker who doesn't litter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw lots of humming birds at my mom's this week!!

    Love seeing the fall foliage!!! I so miss those vibrant colors, we don't get a lot of that down here

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all great shots! Makes me wish I had gotten the camera you guys got. I really like your hair also! And the albino squirrel....never saw before. Last year was the first time I have ever seen a white wooly worm also. And we had a bad winter. Hope the squirrel does not mean the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha. Was that intentional, the 'No turn on red' right smack on the tree turning colors?
    Love your pics and humor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Outstanding this week. Our fall color is not quite here yet!

    Absolutely love the picture of the tree covered road!

    You did good last week! So did Dr. M!

    Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yuck to the cigarette smell. It makes my lungs tighten just thinking about it. Love the house all decorated up. The white squirrel is too cool! Love the barn pictures too. I think if I didn't photograph people, barns would be my next choice. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your pictures./ Thanks for sharing. You seem to have a great life, or at least, a great lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...