Wednesday Random Dozen
The Random Dozen is hosted by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. Go there to check out the answers other folks gave to these questions.
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night? I usually fall asleep within about 5 minutes of going turning the light out. Usually. Sometimes it takes longer. Like when I sleep until 10:30 in the morning & then try to go to bed a scant 12 hours later. I always wake up to go to the bathroom at least once during the night – often twice. But I have no trouble falling right back asleep.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles? I'm not fashion-forward enough to know the answer to this question. The preppy look did nothing for my figure. And the hippie look, ironically, seemed to be for straight skinny people too. I think the sixties offered the most alternatives for a small-waisted, big hipped woman.
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd? Me, feed people? Ha! Now, Dr. M has some good "company" dishes – BBQ pork & grilled chicken come to mind. I'll provide the pita & hummus. (Sabra brand – you didn't think I'd actually make it from scratch did you?)
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse? I'm an impulse food shopper (Must. Stay. On. List. – ooh tiny little cartons of Skinny Cow Ice Cream!). But since I so rarely do other kinds of shopping I can't say that I'm an impulse shopper. I usually do the "do I really need this" test - & sometimes I say no & still get it – but I wouldn't call that an impulse buy after all that agony.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral? That I were still alive? Oh, not an option? I think that I would want the service to be whatever the folks who are left behind need for it to be. It's not for me – it's for them.
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today? Bright blue skies, boss in a good mood, Laughing Cow cheese, my Toms shoes…
8. What is your favorite type of bread? I'm not a huge bread eater (Give me chocolate people! No, not chocolate people. People! Give me chocolate!), but I do have an opinion. Mamaw's yeast rolls. Those evil biscuits at Red Lobster. Hushpuppies (are they not bread?).
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.) I already have all of those! Thanks, Lid for pointing out my faults… I think that I'm most afraid of losing my memory. I know that's probably not exactly a "trait." But it scares me. I'm fairly forgetful already.
10. What trait would you like most to develop? The opposite of those listed above! Vigor, selflessness, kindness…
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why? The living room. There are a lot of uncompleted tasks, a bit of clutter, lots of blankets & a comfy pillow on the futon, my computer, and the TV where the baseball saves my sanity each night.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging? I maintain balance by just not doing very much. I'm on the computer a LOT, but so is Dr. M. It's our family time together. My work gets left behind at work (I'm hourly so I can only work 40 hours a week anyway). Right now church is a one day a week gig – choir practice is after the service is over on Sunday. That could change if I get more involved. I do struggle to get the vacuuming in there since I'm so busy. Heh.