Let's look on the bright side of life for a minute:
· Dr. M's mom had surgery on her hip & is already going back to the nursing home tomorrow. We're glad that the surgery went well - and we're hopeful for a quick recovery.
· I finished the last book in the Millennium series today (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest). I thoroughly enjoyed all the books - it's really too bad that Stieg Larsson died before they were published & that there aren't going to be any more novels by him.
· I am thankful for today's snow. Well, that might be a stretch (see yesterday's post). And it wasn't much of a snow - but I'm hopeful that in the middle of the summer remembering it will keep me from complaining about the heat. If I were you I wouldn't place any bets on that happening. The not complaining I mean. But feel free to remind me of this date come mid-summer.
· Tomorrow is baseball's opening day!! I'm so excited - we have been in baseball withdrawal for quite some time now. There's always a bit of a honeymoon period at the end of the season where I'm glad that it's done, but it doesn't really last very long. It's like how I'm glad to spend some time alone at home - and then after about an hour and a half I'm bored with myself & wishing for Dr. M.
· And speaking of Dr. M, I'm glad he's on his way home from his late class. And now I need to go fix his dinner!
It’s your turn! What are you thankful for today?