I’m writing Monday Miscellany on Sunday night because… well I don’t really know why. I just am. So, let’s get to it!
· Dr. M went to the Renaissance Festival today. He always takes the history club every year. This year he decided to dress like a pirate. Doesn’t he look dashing?
He bought me a fabulous anniversary gift (2 ½ months early – this is typical for us). I’ll post a picture on my P365 post next Saturday.
· I did church-type stuff instead. We’re having a bishop visit next Sunday so we’ve been practicing an anthem. Fortunately it’s one we’ve done before. Unfortunately I’m singing a verse all on my own. But I’m not nervous. And that makes me nervous.
· I was thinking today that I’m not really cut out to be a choir member. We don’t have a director right now, so I’m singing extra loud so that the other choir members can follow along on unfamiliar hymns (thanks Mom & Dad for 8 years of piano lessons – I’m using that music reading ability every week!). But doesn’t it annoy you when you’re listening to a choir & all you can hear is one obnoxious alto who’s trying to sing soprano to keep everyone on rhythm? Especially when said pseudo soprano is rhythmically challenged? Or is that just me? (It really is me – I’m so sorry Christ Episcopal!).
· I had this big list of things to do while Dr. M was gone. And I did a number of them. Imagine my surprise when the end of the day came & I had somehow managed to not vacuum. I really don’t know how that happened. But I swept out the garage so at least some flooring type surface is a little cleaner.
· I’m getting a cut & color on Friday. I was trying to figure out the last time I had my hair cut – the last appointment I show on my calendar was December! I know I’m cheap & lazy, but I can’t believe that I went that long without a haircut. Although I threatened to get a pixie cut while I was sweating in my choir robe this morning, I will most likely just get a couple of inches cut off. I know that you were going to have trouble starting your week without that bit of knowledge.
Well, it’s time to call Daddy for our weekly chat. Hope everyone has a great week!