- This week I lost .5 pounds, but more importantly I got my lazy caboose out of bed & worked out. Just for 15 minutes, & just on 3 days – but I just started Wednesday, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. Next week I expect to see even more progress - & I plan to discuss some excellent food choices with you. As soon as I figure out what those might be.
- So there's this guy at work who collects egg cartons. One day I asked him why – his daughter has chickens & sells the eggs. I like the idea of reusing instead of just recycling, so I told him I'd bring mine by as I accumulate them. I put one on his desk on Monday when he wasn't there. Why am I the kind of person who wants to be acknowledged for her good deed? Every day this week I've had to bite my tongue as I walk by his desk, prepared to casually mention as I glance at the cartons still on his desk, "Oh, I see you got mine!" (Flicking self in the forehead)
- I tried to give blood yesterday, but was denied! Apparently there is a new strain of HIV that they can't test for? And people living in Zambia during a certain period of time might have this strain? So now I'm permanently banned from giving blood! I need to research this further. I do not enjoy giving blood - but I liked that I was able to help another person by donating.
- I WON something else! I'm on a roll I tell you! Gretchen from Second Blooming was giving away the Classic Sampler from Saltistry Artisan Infused Sea Salts, the most amazing, delicious, decadent salt in the world. Five flavors - Lemon Thyme, Herb Grey, Six Pepper, Genmaicha, and Smoked Chili. I thought these would be just the thing to help make healthy food even better (in moderation people!), so I entered the contest & I won! Thanks Gretchen!
- This has been Way Back Week on Facebook. I change my profile picture practically daily, so of course it was no trouble at all for me to participate. Here is The Bug's 9th grade school picture. I know – I'm a poster child for the 70s. And, really, I look like a boy. I wonder if I cut my own bangs? Looking at that girl would you guess that she's the grammar police? She gets to wear those braces for two more years - woo hoo!