- This week I lost .5 pounds, but more importantly I got my lazy caboose out of bed & worked out. Just for 15 minutes, & just on 3 days – but I just started Wednesday, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. Next week I expect to see even more progress - & I plan to discuss some excellent food choices with you. As soon as I figure out what those might be.
- So there's this guy at work who collects egg cartons. One day I asked him why – his daughter has chickens & sells the eggs. I like the idea of reusing instead of just recycling, so I told him I'd bring mine by as I accumulate them. I put one on his desk on Monday when he wasn't there. Why am I the kind of person who wants to be acknowledged for her good deed? Every day this week I've had to bite my tongue as I walk by his desk, prepared to casually mention as I glance at the cartons still on his desk, "Oh, I see you got mine!" (Flicking self in the forehead)
- I tried to give blood yesterday, but was denied! Apparently there is a new strain of HIV that they can't test for? And people living in Zambia during a certain period of time might have this strain? So now I'm permanently banned from giving blood! I need to research this further. I do not enjoy giving blood - but I liked that I was able to help another person by donating.
- I WON something else! I'm on a roll I tell you! Gretchen from Second Blooming was giving away the Classic Sampler from Saltistry Artisan Infused Sea Salts, the most amazing, delicious, decadent salt in the world. Five flavors - Lemon Thyme, Herb Grey, Six Pepper, Genmaicha, and Smoked Chili. I thought these would be just the thing to help make healthy food even better (in moderation people!), so I entered the contest & I won! Thanks Gretchen!
- This has been Way Back Week on Facebook. I change my profile picture practically daily, so of course it was no trouble at all for me to participate. Here is The Bug's 9th grade school picture. I know – I'm a poster child for the 70s. And, really, I look like a boy. I wonder if I cut my own bangs? Looking at that girl would you guess that she's the grammar police? She gets to wear those braces for two more years - woo hoo!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Is it just me, or did September last about 5 minutes? August was three years long, September was 5 minutes long. Make it make sense! Sunday,...
I’m feeling somewhat disconsolate this week because of the things that are happening nationally. I’m trying to hold on to all the good thin...
The first full week back at work after a holiday or vacation is the longest. I felt quite uninspired photographically, but still managed to ...