Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Bug is Driving the Bus

Here we go again! I'm behind the wheel & being dangerous in the curves - but I promise that you'll all arrive safely. Really!

It's Valentine's Day (or it will be on Monday - stop being so technical!), but you don't have to write any love sonnets or Conversation Heart verses. Unless you want to - go for it if that's what's on your mind. I'm listing three different picture prompts below which should hopefully stir some creative juices. I'm sorry that it's on the heels of last week's picture prompt, but not sorry enough to change it.

1. Our neighbors took this picture of the driveway across the street last week. What do you think is going on here? Make up a story about it!


2. Dr. M took this picture of furniture in the cornfield. Now that seemed extra odd to me. I supposed that perhaps a frigid tête-à-tête was going on. What do you think?





3. A closeup of the chair - I'm not sure why this icy furniture has grabbed my attention, but I would love to see what you have to say about it.



After you post your poem come back here & let me know & I'll post the link on this post. Good luck!

Here are our most excellent passengers:

25 comments:

  1. Hmmm...got to dash this morning to bible study, but may give this a go later in the day!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks your Bugness.I think photos make excelklent poetry prompts and these are 3 great photos for the purpose.

    Could you pop your email address in my comments box. I won't publish it. I tried getting it from your blog, but couldn't.
    Pip pip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm off the Bus for now (and into the rental car...) but I love those sofa pics. Very unusual!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Images are always good, there is a seed of an idea in my brain re pic 3, so I'll see where that ends up. Thanks for driving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm Now that's interesting material.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing pictures - I love the icicles on the armchair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the second one reminds me of the pic I used for this week! good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this prompt, Ms. Bug!

    I'll be back! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness. icicles on furniture? crazy. lovin' the hearts. did 'you' guys do that to your neighbor's driveway? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! Much taken by the frozen furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dana! I posted another entry on my other blog here, related it to the Egyptian revolution:

    http://www.iconicrealism.blogspot.com

    Love the poem about the footsteps and the line, 'calling in the voice'. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dana Bug. Please consider my application for a ticket by reading THIS
    Lovely prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me too, me too!
    http://sciencegirltraveler.blogspot.com/2011/02/poetry-bus-with-icicles.html

    excellent prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bug, thanks for the great prompts. I am climbing on board.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, this is WAY off, but it is a about something in a frozen field, and it is Poetry Bus time, and I HAVE missed the bus for the last three weeks. Oh, please...may I ride anyway?

    http://keepingsecrets-karen.blosgpot.com/2011/02/mule.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'mon the bug bus, I'm on the bug bus. So good I named it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, Dana. I have used the second of you three prompts HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Dana! I'm here at the bus stop - ready to hop on board. I have "Reserved Seating" today! http://muse-swings.blogspot.com/2011/02/poetry-bus-reserved-seating.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Dana. I sat down in the chair in the snow and asked a question so I might ride the bus this week.
    In Memoriam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, Dana, I'm on board -
    http://stammeringpoet.blogspot.com/2011/02/sofas-in-cornfield-poetry-bus-ticket.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi, long time no ride the bus. valentines day makes me melancholic so nothing heartwarming here
    http://crazyfieldmouse.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/valentine-poem/
    much love
    cfm

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sitting on the sofa, waiting for the bus
    here Please hurry up, my rear is freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Late, and not that good really, I am onboard..

    http://domesticoubliette.blogspot.com/2011/02/sofa-poetry-bus.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. All behind like the cows tail, but I have a very late ticket HERE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...