“What is life, but a collection of miscellaneous events that make up a blog post?” The Bug
• Dr. M’s mom fell and broke her hip over the weekend. Despite her other problems, she has actually been in fairly good physical shape for the last while so we’re hopeful that she’ll be able to recover from this quickly. The problem will be getting her to understand that she can’t move the hip.
• I was glad to get my car back last week. I might think I want a new car, and I did enjoy the rental, but I’m a creature of habit and I am quite comfortable with my Saturn. I know where all the buttons are. I like the drink holder situation (very important!). I can listen to my audio books without problems. So here’s hoping I can put another 115,000 miles on it! Maybe I should give it a name. Any ideas?
• I went to downtown Columbus for the first time on Saturday. Although I have been many places for the first time by myself (college, Zambia, Ohio Department of Jobs & Family Services) I don’t really like it. But I made it to the restaurant to meet a friend after only two wrong turns, so it wasn’t too bad. I enjoyed poking around a vintage store (um, filled with stuff from my childhood – plus they had the Olivia Newton John Physical album for heaven’s sake – that’s not vintage. Is it?). And I enjoyed the Texas Chair Project quite a lot. So the takeaway is that it’s good to venture out of your comfort zone every now & then.
• I just glanced out the window of my office & I see that there is ICE on the water in the pool in front of my building. Ice! What. The. Hell. Sigh.
• I put my NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket form in the recycling yesterday. Kansas was the only team I had left & now they’re gone. But I’m pretty excited about Virginia Commonwealth & Butler making the final four – and VCU had to play a play-in game so the fact that they made it this far is pretty amazing. Or maybe the selection committee has issues (which I think we would all agree with since they sent eleven big east teams to the tournament & now only one remains, which, you know, actually makes sense since there are only four teams left. But still.).
OK, that’s enough miscellany for now. Have a great day!