It’s my first Thankful Thursday as host. I kind of just grabbed the thing out of Greg’s hands as he was headed out the door. I hope that’s ok with everyone! If you want to participate you can list your thanksgivings in the comments, or you can post them on your blog & enter the link to your post in Mr. Linky below.
What am I thankful for?
· Gorgeous blue skies and days that warm up to the 50s.
· Girl Scout Cookies. Specifically Tag-a-longs (chocolate & peanut butter goodness). Oh, did you want one? Too late!
· That the tattered flag outside my window (which I wrote about here) was replaced this week! I totally think they replaced it because they saw me taking a picture of it which made them actually look at it for a change. I’m snapping my suspenders in self-importance. Or I would be if I were wearing suspenders. It’s not the 80s again is it? Because I wore suspenders in the 80s…
· I’m so very thankful for all the comments on this post. Every one meant a lot.
· This Thursday is my birthday! I’m speeding out of the mid-40s & heading straight for the late -40s. Dr. M & I are being very laid back about it. I had flowers & candy & a very sweet card on Valentine’s Day so there’s no need for any more frippery. Although perhaps Mexican food could be part of our weekend plans. Hint hint.
· Sunday was Absalom Jones Sunday at my church. He was the first African-American priest ordained into the Episcopal Church in the United States. Dr. M gave the homily, talking about the Underground Railroad in Ohio. He did a great job. The choir sang a special, Soon Ah Will be Done, and I had a small alto part in a trio for one part of the song (the weepin’ and a wailin’ part). I think we did pretty well for our size and level of musical ability (and the fact that we don’t have any tenors or basses). And while I’m thrilled that the day was a success, I’m mostly glad that we’re done now!
· I have next week off from work! It’s Dr. M’s spring break. We’re spending part of it here in Ohio & part in NC. I plan to see crocuses (or is it crocusii?) at my dad’s house – so you get right on that Daddy!
All right – it’s your turn. What are you thankful about this week?