Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Miscellany

Here we are at Monday again. It's amazing how it keeps turning up every week. Here's some randomness to commemorate the day.
  • Last week our neighbor found this moth. I think it's pretty darn cool. If you'd like to read about it, click here.

  • If my muse decides to show up (I recently described her as a sullen capricious teenager) there might be a poem posted laster today (I know - shocker!), but as of right now it's looking unlikely.
  • I'm listening to a new audio book that I'm sure will give me nightmares later, but I don't care. It's Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. The narrator is doing a fabulous job & I'm getting pulled down into the story. At least I'm only listening to it in the car so I have plenty of other things to fill my mind with before bed.
  • After staring at the computer for a while I realize that I have nothing more to say - oh except that Dr. M & I are leaving later this week to see our families in NC. I may or may not blog from there - depends on what's going on. But just in case, have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful moth!
    Have a great trip to beautiful NC.
    How many books might you listen to on the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have one of those cocooning on my native passion flower vine. the cocoon looks the same.

    We've read the Odd Thomas books (there's four). they're pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous moth. Looking forward to what your muse is up to today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen one movie based on a Dean Koontz book, and listened to another on tape. He's creepy! But good. Sending vibes to the muse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moth is beautiful! I've not seen anything like that here, but near my sister's home in Charlottesville, I've seen some real beauties.

    Odd Thomas? I think I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that moth is so cool! Did your muse show up? I've never read anything by DK. I'll have to definitely look him up.

    Have a safe trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My muse did NOT show up, but I decided to write something without her anyway :)

    Beware the Dean Koontz book and lunch - not a good combination (at least wtih this book - the description of the bad guy put me off my food).

    By the way, my all time favorite Koontz book is One Door Away from Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It took me a while to realise that it was a moth....beautiful. Have a good break, I'm just back from one in Belfast. I had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...