Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thankful Thursday




Not feeling very good today (nothing serious) - and on top of that I’ve been SO drowsy. So this will be brief. I’m gonna shut down the computer & fall asleep on the futon with the Braves game on.
  • I am so thankful to be married to a man who can make me laugh almost every day. He has a few phrases that, properly dropped into the conversation, will just make me howl: “We’ll do it live!” {Bill O‘Reilly reference} “Baby Monkey” {hilariously cute viral video} “He needs to keep it down” {Joe Morgan baseball advice} Thanks for bringing me joy dear heart.
  • Here is an example of me turning my frown upside down. I’m thankful that I’m not complaining about the heat yet. This is because it’s still pretty cool here. I’d like it to get about 20 degrees warmer - but when full summer hits I’ll look on these days with fondness. 
  • I’m thankful for the Braves doubleheader today - I’ll fall asleep listening to game two here in a few minutes. I’m really enjoying Tom Glavine calling the games with Joe Simpson.

It’s you’re turn - what are you thankful for this week?


8 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better this week! I am thankful for my family, and a wonderful day to escape by myself to the woods and hear the silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for a nice new commission except that now I have to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I remember that Bill O'reilly "flip out" video. Just looked it up again.

    Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once, when ill, I fell asleep listening to the television and dreamed a priest was attending my impending death. I awakened to the Pope attending a mass in NYC--broadcast live by MSNBC. Since then, I try to shut the TV off before I fall asleep. I'm thankful it was all just a dream.

    Neil Young was amazing last night and despite a sold out concert, the Tigers & Yankees game across the street and the Red Wings playing down the road, and all three venues finishing at the same time, we got home in record time. I'd had visions of being stuck in downtown Detroit for, oh, a year.

    Hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful for the teens at our high school. I just returned from proctoring exams, and I was struck, once again, at what a great future this country has because of these amazing young people I see each time I do this. They make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no clue to all your jokes, Bug, too American, but I feel exactly like what you said on Reya`s blog, so I also wrote a post on good thoughts. Spring sunshine always makes me thankful.
    Rudee, your Pope story cracked me up (that`s also an American expression, right?).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...