If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Random Dozen Meme from "Lidna" at 2nd Cup of Coffee. If you want to participate just go to Linda's site to link up.
1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
The year I turned 40. I had hit my weight goal & was feeling pretty good about how I looked.
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
I am NOT much of a cook, so there's nothing that's a sure thing. However, I have made pumpkin spice muffins (with chocolate chips) several times in the last few years & I haven't messed them up yet.
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
Sadly, eating is my number one strategy – but as you guys know I'm working on that. Reading or working puzzles are other things I do. I want to add some form of exercise to my "feeling blue" toolbox.
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
Wow – so long ago that I don't remember. I'm not sure that the swaying I do really counts as dancing anyway. 5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
I guess a bit of both – although I can be more of a dreamer in that I have ideas of how life can be, but don't really do anything to make them happen. 6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
Not having children! Honestly, I think it was one of the smartest decisions I ever made. I knew as a teenager that I didn't want to be a mom – and although people assured me I would change my mind, I never waivered. 7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
Ooh – a tough one. I loved how even & wise Andy was. And I really liked that Ernest character. But I'm going to have to go with Barney – he was just the most hilarious dude!
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
I'm married to a historian (have I mentioned that before?). I think I know a lot. He wasn't a perfect man, but I think God used him as a prophet. I really wish that we could banish racism. But it feels like it's embedded in the mortar of our country.
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week's questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
Ooh – there are so many! Currently it's when a car flies by to get in front of me right before the four-lane road goes to two lanes. And then slows down. To below the speed limit. Really? Did you have to blast past me at 80 mph just so you could then drive 45 mph in front of me? I would so give you the finger, but the last time I tried that I ended up making the peace sign. The person at whom it was aimed just looked baffled. Clearly, my "good girl" subconscious was in charge.
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
Sort of a misty white. That's the color outside, and that's the color I am. Not really alert to the world around me, but not really feeling very bad about it. If I were taking anything other than Osteo BiFlex & Ibuprofen I would think this feeling was drug-induced. But I think it's just a sort of Monday on a Tuesday kind of feeling. 11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
Well, that's easy! A bear! He's pretty cuddly, but if you mess with any of his "children" (he's a bleeding heart liberal, so we're ALL his children) he can get pretty irate. 12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day
Um, well, um. I don't want to say. It's embarrassing. IthinkthatmostlyIreadblogs. Perhaps I should add a new hobby to my repertoire.