If it’s Thursday it must be time to count my blessings. And you should count yours too – we can go back to complaining tomorrow. And you know I will – death, taxes, the Bug complaining about something – it’s a sure thing.
- So, this week I’m thankful that at my weigh in yesterday I was inexplicably down 2.4 pounds. Woot! I’d like to make this journey a little more of a sure thing than something I’m leaving to serendipity – so some prayers in that area would be appreciated.
- I’m thankful for sheep (so there Ellen!). It’s not dark now when I drive by the farm on my way home & it’s so much fun to see what they’re up to. I got a fairly good picture of one of them standing on a hay roll.
- I’m thankful that Dr. M fiddled with the furnace until it sounds healthy again. It was working but we were afraid it might be in its death throes.
- I’m thankful that no one expects me to sing the National Anthem anywhere at any time. I know you enjoy doing it Daddy, but I’m pretty sure I want nothing to do with such an enterprise.
- I’m thankful that Dr. M surprised me with Anglican Prayer beads last week (thanks for giving him the idea Jayne!). I’ve been using them every night and they are definitely helping me be a little more focused (& let’s face it – AWAKE) during prayer. I’ve been using some of the suggested prayers on the card they included, but I want to write my own. If I ever actually do that I’ll certainly share them here.