I posted my memorial for the day yesterday. Just a note: Although I’m not sure I understand the purpose of war, I very much appreciate and am in awe of the sacrifice of our armed forces, whether they’re in combat or here at home.
So here’s some of my usual Monday drivel:
· Dr. M rousted me out of the house at the crazy hour of 10:00 (yes, I know that’s not really early. Yes, I know an hour earlier would have been cooler. Your point?) to go to the Siebenthaler Fen for our May visit. Since it’s the last week of May. It was pretty warm, but there was a nice breeze and I enjoyed our ramble very much. I plan on making Dr. M do a whole post on our visit with all the pictures, so I’ll just share a
couple few okay several here
by way of teaser. I’ll post the link to his blog once his post is complete.
· In a related note I wore shorts in public for the first time this season & was afraid that I’d frighten small children, but in fact the one small child we saw on our journey just said, “hey,” & didn’t seem afraid at all. So that’s good.
· My tomato seedlings don’t look all that strong so we bought some plants at the Kroger yesterday. We’ll try to work with the seedlings too, but we wanted some healthier looking ones just in case.
· I keep falling asleep on the futon in the evenings. That’s usually Dr. M’s job. I reckon I’m still fighting off this cough. The good news is that Mucinex totally takes away my appetite. In fact, unless someone points out an obvious flaw in the plan, I might just keep taking it until I get to my goal weight. Heh.
· I struggled mightily this past weekend since the Braves were playing the Reds. Dr. M has no divided loyalties, so he was happy that the Braves took 2 out of 3. But Bronson’s so cute! Don’t worry if you don’t understand any of this – I know I’m strange.
OK, that’s enough of that. Hope you’re enjoying the holiday (if it is one for you).