Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Your intrepid reporter is in our North Carolina outpost & prepared to offer up some thanksgivings. [Note: I am not really intrepid]

  • Dr. M & I are glad to be in NC even though both of us are a bit not well and the trip down was not the bucolic drive we had hoped for. Is it our fault there are so many annoying drivers out there? I think not! We still made fairly good time. 
  • Even though I don't really think some rapture-type event is going to happen on Saturday, I'm glad that we'll be with family if it does. 
  • I'm thankful for the angel food cake & home grown strawberries Amy had ready for us - yum!
  • I scheduled my surgery today - August 8th will be the date. And now I'll begin obsessing at how uncomfortable I'll be. I don't care about pain, I just am not looking forward to the awkwardness of getting mobile again. And the 7:30 a.m. surgery time kind of blows too. I wonder if they'd just let me sleep there the night before - for free. No?
  • I'm thankful that I might go by my uncle David's house & rag him about his Yankees. Ha! 
  • I'm thankful to be spending a few days where there might be sun and warmer temps. I'll probably complain about the heat. Heh.
OK, what are you thankful for today?

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place if they have strawberry shortcakes waiting for ya! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm strawberries and cake do sound yummy.

    And please send some sunshine and heat our way!!! its still pretty cool up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy... strawberry lovers here! hope you guys are feeling better. will be thinking of you aug 8th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to be thankful for the angel food cake & home grown strawberries! Are all your readers food-obsessed?
    Genuinely thankful sun is shining today after 21 days rain. Big do tonight and I need to dress to the nines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, will it make you feel better to know that surgeons are at the top of their game early morning? :c) Plus, you don't want to be NPO until noon. Grumbly tummy and caffeine withdrawal headache!

    I am thankful today for lovely places like the Bug's Eye View that make me smile. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still think it's a bit chilly in the morning around here.... the heat is yet to come... but I guess since you're coming here from Ohio... it's pretty warm! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual, I'm thankful for you (and I post some of the reasons why at my blog!). Hope you feel better. Enjoy your time away and I'll look forward to hearing about how you survived the rapture on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My afternoon shift counterpart had her hip replaced Monday and is home and doing well today. Sure you'll have pain, but it'll differ in nature and won't necessarily be worse. Don't put the cart before the horse, my friend. In fact, don't even think about it right now. Decision made, file the date and let it go.

    I'm thankful it's almost Saturday. With the work weeks I've had lately, I'm ready for either the weekend, or the end of the world. Whichever comes first. Do you have a little money I can borrow? I'll pay you back Sunday. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Thankful Thursdays! Let's see... I'm thankful that today is my Friday so no work tomorrow! Also, I'm glad that its $.088 hot dog night at my favorite hot dog place!

    Ohh.. and I'm thankful for the end of the school year. Its not over yet, but it does have an end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankful to be back among the blogging world, the internet was so unreliable while we wee gone I did not get to check on any of my regular stops.

    That waiting game for surgery day is no fun, been there more time that I care to think about! Glad you are in warmer temps at least for a little while anyway!

    Blessings & Mahalo
    R

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're headed for NC tomorrow morning. Hope your visit is pleasant. Hope mine is, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...