Your intrepid reporter is in our North Carolina outpost & prepared to offer up some thanksgivings. [Note: I am not really intrepid]
- Dr. M & I are glad to be in NC even though both of us are a bit not well and the trip down was not the bucolic drive we had hoped for. Is it our fault there are so many annoying drivers out there? I think not! We still made fairly good time.
- Even though I don't really think some rapture-type event is going to happen on Saturday, I'm glad that we'll be with family if it does.
- I'm thankful for the angel food cake & home grown strawberries Amy had ready for us - yum!
- I scheduled my surgery today - August 8th will be the date. And now I'll begin obsessing at how uncomfortable I'll be. I don't care about pain, I just am not looking forward to the awkwardness of getting mobile again. And the 7:30 a.m. surgery time kind of blows too. I wonder if they'd just let me sleep there the night before - for free. No?
- I'm thankful that I might go by my uncle David's house & rag him about his Yankees. Ha!
- I'm thankful to be spending a few days where there might be sun and warmer temps. I'll probably complain about the heat. Heh.
OK, what are you thankful for today?