Ah Monday, here you are again even though I’m not ready for you. Can we have another Sunday? I would even go to church again… No? Oh well, I guess I’ll just be miscellaneous instead.
· I spent some quality time cleaning the shower doors on Saturday. The runners were disgusting. Apparently when we moved in I slapped at them with a rag & decided that there was no way to clean them. After spending Friday evening in a very clean home with a pristine bathroom I was inspired to try again. It took scrubbing bubbles, a toothbrush & a putty knife, but they look about 80% better.
· Then we went to Meijer to do some random shopping (food, new welcome mat, bird seed). And that was that – I was useless for the rest of the weekend. I’m really looking forward to being able to restore my stamina.
· Our home has gone to the birds. I am astounded by the number of birds milling around our back yard. Fortunately they all fly off as soon as I open the back door so I only occasionally think about Alfred Hitchcock.
· I am trying to be more sociable. Dr. M & I had dinner with another couple on Friday (the aforementioned lovely home). We had a great time – great food, great conversation & ample entertainment in the form of their two dogs – a pomeranian and a greyhound. Now that’s Mutt & Jeff for you! On Tuesday I’m going to visit with a couple of ladies from church. Wednesday I’m having dinner with a former coworker. Next Saturday we’re having dinner with one of Dr. M’s colleagues. And the following Tuesday I’m having lunch with another former colleague. Whew! I think I’ll take a sabbatical from being sociable after that.
· I’ve been meaning to share this picture but kept forgetting. Our neighbor was trying to get a picture of this dog’s blue eyes, but the dog wasn’t really cooperating. So he ended up with one of the funniest dog pictures I’ve seen in a while.
Well I think that’s enough miscellany for now. Have a great day!