I feel like I should come up with a theme song for Thankful Thursday – and that my brother should sing it. In his Julia Child impression voice. That would be exciting, don’t you think? No? Okay, okay, let’s get right down to it.
· I’m thankful that my sister-in-law (said Julia Child brother’s wife) has started writing on her blog again. Check her out here.
· I’m glad that I know where my lost earring is. Yes, I know that it’s not lost if I know where it is. But it’s lost to me until sometime in October when I deem it cool enough to stick my head under my car seat to find it.
· I’m thankful that my boss thinks he can hold the fort while I’m out for my surgery. I did not look forward to trying to train someone new. This way, I can just show him a couple of things I do & he’ll be good to go. Hmm. I might back up my files just in case. There’s a reason he needs an assistant. Heh.
· I’m so so thankful that I remembered the squash we brought home from Daddy & Amy’s in time to eat it. I never remember how much I like to eat just plain baked squash until I get it in my mouth again – yummy faux buttery goodness.
· I’m thankful that when the top came off of our olive oil sprayer & the bottle crashed down it just mostly pooled on the pan Dr. M was about to put squash on. Especially since the lid being loose was probably my fault. Oops.
· I know that I made the right decision in not having children, but it’s nice to have a few around to remind me why. Just kidding. Sort of. My former boss told me that she had given her almost four year old twins some cotton balls & glue sticks & left them for a few minutes. When she returned it was to this. The Cotton Ball Monster!
And her accomplice, Cotton Ball Monster Girl!
Made me laugh, which is always a good thing.
What are you thankful for today?