Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Is it already Thursday? Time to be thankful I reckon! Some of these are things I've already talked about, but I think they're worth mentioning again.
  • I am extremely thankful that the only lingering issue from my spectacular fall at work on Monday is a very tender place on my knee. I didn't sprain or tear anything, & my muscle aches are mostly gone.
  • I'm thankful that I'm completely over my cold. I've enjoyed sleeping in the bed this week – although our futon is actually very comfortable.
  • I'm thankful for the lovely taste of peanut butter on Braeburn apple slices. Yum!
  • I'm thankful that the "service" wrench that showed up on my car dashboard disappeared & hasn't shown up again. I drove the Bugly on Tuesday so Dr. M could assess what the car might need - & it turns out that it's just fine. Whew!
  • I'm thankful that Dr. M had a very successful civil rights event at school this week. It's the kind of thing that makes him very happy, which of course means that I'm happy.
  • I'm thankful for the milder temps this week. And I can't believe I just called 27 degrees mild.
There you have it – apparently I could go on all day, but I'll leave it at six. What are you feeling thankful for today? Don't forget to check out Greg's blog to see other thankful posts.

15 comments:

  1. I'm always thankful for good health, good food, good weather.
    As for the other things in life - I believe we should learn to handle almost everything about a device and machine we own. Dependence on outer factors is not something I'm thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful my shift is over, my trip is 90% planned out for next month and we hit 31 degrees yesterday. I had a hot flash wrapped in all my wool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! Thank goondness re the fall!
    Thankful this morning that husband is back from work in time to walk the children to school.
    Another cup of tea for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankful for some sunshine here this morning. And for my warm bed. And, after watching 'Into the Wild' last night, thankful that I don't have to (personally) kill a moose to get breakfast.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful that this latest "snow event" missed us entirely, and I'm thankful for really good, restful sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful that a picture of sheep are included in your post.
    I'm thankful:
    for you...
    for sunshine today after a gray and messy day yesterday....
    that McKinlee is peeing less in the house...
    that I'm really close to finishing my cross stitch. My goal is to have it done before the end of the month, and that goal is within reach!
    for many things--as noted on my blog (which isn't about thankfulness, really).

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Ellen - that would be Dr. M who's thankful for sheep :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing lifts the spirits like a grateful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankful I stopped over to read your thankfulness...:)
    R

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thankful for electricity. If you go to mine, you'll see why!

    I'm so glad your fall didn't injure anything badly -- and it sounds as if even your ego didn't suffer too big a bruise. And happy that Dr. M's event went well. Isn't it wonderful how our husbands' special moments have such a carryover effect to us?

    Have a GREAT Friday, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 27 degress is mild? I'm thankful I live in the south.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear The Bug,
    I am also thankful your fall and your cold are starting to pass you by! Good gracious, this luck has got to change!

    Of course, since luck is what we make it, I think this thankful post will probably turn the tide.

    Thankful for a good example (you)
    Thankful I got laundry done
    Thankful that it looks like we found a good person to hire (Not a Zombie)
    Thankful I got out and took pictures today

    Happy Friday to you,
    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm also thankful for random sheep inclusion and you, Bug :-) I'm also very glad your injuries proved to be minimal.

    Happy...Friday, actually. May we all build up many a reason to be thankful and grateful in the next six days and going forward too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thankful for you being thankful. That's one.

    I'm thankful to be having dinner this evening with one of my favorite people in the universe.

    I'm thankful that I have a super-yum bowl of steel cut oatmeal hot and ready to eat, with soft sweet dried cherries in it. Ahhhh.

    Have a great weekend, Dana. Have a Braeburn with peanut butter on me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...