Monday Miscellany - the Patriotic Edition
I missed doing a Monday Miscellany post last week – we were at my Dad’s house & apparently I wasn’t feeling very miscellaneous. Oh wait – I think I posted my Poetry Jam poem on Monday. Or something like that. Most likely I was just being slack. I know you’re really glad to see that I’m not skipping it this week.
· At the funeral last week I stood in line with the family shaking hands. I enjoyed meeting friends & family from Dr. M’s past. Especially the “young” lady who went straight to him (skipping me) & then when I was introduced to her as his wife, gave me quite the evil glare. I guess she had decided that he’s a good catch & wanted to get to know him again. I was so sorry to foil her plans. (Just imagine that last statement dripping with sarcasm).
· Regarding the first grade picture from yesterday’s post, I had just had my hair cut & we obviously hadn’t quite figured out what to do with it, and I apparently forgot to tell my mom that it was picture day. You would not have wanted to be in our house when she saw the pictures. I like how pitiful I look. People don’t expect as much from pitiful children. Heh.
· I took a break from writing this post to vacuum and mop. Which of course, reminded me of this post. Ratchenfrachet. I have such dark evil thoughts when I vacuum. I think that for my spiritual wellbeing I should just stop doing it altogether.
· Dr. M doesn’t know it yet, but I am probably going to hang pictures this week. If you think about it you might want to pray for our walls. And our marriage.
· Hey, I think it’s some sort of holiday today. Something about the birth of our nation. So often I think that we would be better off if we thought of ourselves as citizens of the world instead of just this piece of real estate. But for today, I’ll set aside my cynicism & celebrate the pure moxie it took to try to break free from England. Can you even imagine? First there’s the thought, and then there’s the speaking it out loud to other people & then the next thing you know there’s a legal document and George Washington. It’s hard to fathom, isn’t it? We’re not perfect, but we’re pretty amazing anyway. Oh beautiful for spacious skies indeed!