Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Miscellaney

Is it just me, or does it seem to you as if I say I’m feeling extra miscellaneous every Monday? I think I’m seeing a pattern here. Groggy from my out of control weekend of grocery shopping, fen hopping, and churchery, I am in no condition to be coherent. My poor boss. I know, I lead such a glamorous life. Nevertheless, I am providing a list of items for your perusal.


• Baseball season has officially started! Dr. M & I thought we were quite the stuff yesterday as we had the Reds on the TV & the Braves on my computer & we were able to keep up with both games despite the fact of all the red uniforms. My idea of bliss.

• I have a routine doctor’s appointment today, however, I plan to shake it up a bit by asking the doctor WHAT THE HECK CAN I DO FOR ALL THIS EXTRA HIP PAIN THESE DAYS!! Yes, all caps is exactly how I feel about the situation. How can I lose the necessary weight if I can’t even walk properly? (I realize that not eating so much would help tremendously).

• Dr. M has had another couple of good posts lately. Click here to see all the birds we’ve been encountering lately. And click here to see some of our pottery and lucky buckeyes.

• I’ve been dreaming about babies again. And as you might expect, since I’ve never had a child, my dreams often involve trying to figure out what all stuff I need for a new baby. Apparently, in my dreams I don’t prepare for the babies at all. They just show up somehow & expect me to be competent. So, since I believe that dreaming of babies signals change & not some untapped maternal urge, I am anticipating a heck of a change in the next few weeks. I just hope it’s a good one!

All right, that’s all I can manage for today. Tune in tomorrow night when I may or may not post a poem about clogging!

7 comments:

  1. Swimming or water aerobics would ease the pain in your hips, if you have access to a pool. And as for babies in dreams, I've always heard that they symbolize new life (which does, by its very nature, suggest change!). I congratulate you and Dr. M for multitasking so well with the bball games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing you're not trying to follow something fast paced like hockey, or even basketball. Baseball is perfectly suited to your style of following.

    We'll have to wait and see where your interesting dreams take you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. may or may not post a poem about clogging...we are all waiting with great expectation...


    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, that's pretty much how it does happen. they show up and pretty much expect you to know what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Ellen said. Ha ha. I remember when my first born showed up, I had read ALL the books, and was a highly educated COMPETENT attorney...and that little one snookered me over and over again!

    All those "what to expect when you're expecting" books are full of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often dream of babies but, for some reason, though they are tiny, they can always talk properly. I think one of the things that always scares me about small children is that I can't understand them. You definitely should all caps at the doctor - I have a similar problem, I need to exercise but I can't easily do it. And I cannot, not no how, figure out baseball - all that weird jargon about bottom of the ninth and three strikes and what not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swiming or even just walking in a pool can do wonders for your hip pain. I do hope to see your cloging poem tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...